04 February, 2016

Who's That Knocking At The House of Mouse: The Offer


I know at this point you have been sitting there in the never-ending waiting game with Disney –trust me everyone who has applied has been there. However, there is a light at the end of that never-ending tunnel for those lucky enough to receive one –the time has come for the offer!


First things first I am aware I have said this before in previous posts, but I want to say it again just in case you missed it. The offer is going to be a verbal one first, and you will know when you get it since it is labeled ‘brief phone call’ that you will schedule. From there you will get a phone call from a lovely Disney Cast Member (remember I brought up Randy, well if you are alumni enjoy the call from him). After you finish the brief phone call where you verbally accept the offer you will then receive an email with the written offer. The written offer is going to have the same information that was given over the phone.


I guess I should go over some basic offer information although I will say the offer is very straightforward…


For those choosing to live outside of housing this offer can be used as proof of income for apartments in Florida (majority apartments are used to interns)

  • The pay/salary on the paper is the one they are offering you there is no negotiating
  • If you choose to reject the offer it will not hurt your chances if you choose to apply again in the future
  • Much like the DCP if you choose to live in housing the fees are non-refundable, so be sure you want to before deciding
  • Yes, I promise this is the 100% last step in the application process everything else after is dotting the I’s & crossing the T’s

If by chance you receive multiple offers you are given the same 24-78 hour period to accept or reject the offer (also you cannot change your mind once you give the first one up –decided carefully)


Most importantly Congrats! You are going to work for Disney –enjoy this moment. Best of luck and plenty of pixie dust on your journey ahead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment